Seminole Boosters' History
Enthusiastic Tallahassee business leaders formed the first Seminole Boosters organization in the summer of 1951. Their purpose was to support an ambitious Seminole football program rapidly growing in popularity. A brand-new stadium and increasing program costs motivated the Boosters to make fundraising their first priority, a priority that remains our primary purpose.
The Seminole Boosters experienced great success during Head Football Coach Bill Peterson's tenure (1960-1970). From 1971 through 1973, Boosters served as the reorganized National Seminole Club. In the winter, following the winless 1973 season, local leaders again responded to the challenge of University President Dr. Stan Marshall, and re-incorporated the Seminole Boosters. In March, 1975, Andy Miller became Chief Executive Officer of the organization; the post he still holds.
Today, Seminole Boosters, Inc., is one of the leading collegiate athletic fundraising organizations in America. Contributors account for more than $10 million in annual funds, plus at least $15 million per year in capital gifts. The Seminole Boosters Scholarship Endowment has nearly $26 million under management, and the Boosters are involved with a wide range of enterprises including affinity programs, logos and licensing, gameday parking, concessions, the University Center Club, skybox management, and the construction of athletic facilities.