A Dream Vacation on the High Seas
- Alumni Association President Scott Atwell (left) with Osceola and Renegade program current rider Drake Anderson (center) and Allen Durham (B.S. ’93), director of the Renegade team and chair-elect of the Alumni Association’s National Board of Directors (right).
- Andy Jhanji, executive vice president of the FSU Foundation, embarks on the three-day adventure with wife Jane and son Trent.
- Angela Perry (B.S. ’94, M.S. ’95) and her son, Will Ryan, zoom by on the AquaDuck water coaster, one of the many splashy features aboard the vessel.
- Joe O’Shea (B.A. ‘08), who spoke to the cruisers about his experience as a Rhodes Scholar during an exclusive Seminoles-only reception, shoots the breeze with a fellow passenger.
- Nathan Archer (M.A. ’08) and Dan Taylor’s smiles sparkle as brightly as the sun shining down on the ship’s deck.
- Drake Anderson autographs a photo of him in action as Osceola.
- Many families make Seminoles at Sea an annual tradition.
More than 300 Florida State fans and friends boarded the brand-new Disney Dream™ for the third annual Seminoles at Sea cruise in early November. Prior to watching the Florida State football team play Boston College on a jumbo poolside screen, passengers had the opportunity to hear behind-the-scenes details on the Osceola and Renegade program from current rider Drake Anderson and Allen Durham (B.S. ’93), director of the Renegade team and chair-elect of the Alumni Association’s National Board of Directors. In an interview with Alumni Association President Scott Atwell, they talked about the history of Osceola and Renegade, how riders are selected and trained and the program’s special connection with the Seminole Tribe of Florida.