GRADS MADE GOOD
One hundred eleven graduates of Florida State University have been recognized as Grads Made Good, a homecoming awards program honoring alumni who have made a significant difference through outstanding success in their chosen fields. The Florida State University Circle of Omicron Delta Kappa (ODK), which originated the program in 1974, joins forces this fall with the FSU Alumni Association to co-present Grads Made Good.
The criteria for the awards are as follows:
- Hold an earned bachelor's or graduate degree from this institution
- Have been in their career field at least five years
- Have accomplishments recognized at national/international level
- Must be able to attend the event
- Must not be employed by Florida State University
A complete nomination includes:
- Nomination Information Form
- Statement of Nomination
- At least two Letters of Support
To apply, nominators are responsible for submitting by May 1, 2013:
- Completing the Nominee Information Form
- Writing and submitting the Statement of Nomination
- Compiling and submitting the Letters of Support
Nomination Information Form
Please complete the form with accurate and current information for the nominee and nominator.
Statement of Nomination
Please attach a statement of nomination describing why you feel this individual should be considered for this award; including any known involvement related to FSU since graduation.
Letters of Support
A completed nomination will include at least two Letters of Support. A strong nomination will contain at least one letter from a respected colleague in the nominee's area of professional distinction, and a second letter from a current dean, chair or colleague from Florida State University.
THE DEADLINE* FOR SUBMITTING NOMINATIONS FOR THE 2013 AWARDS IS MAY 1, 2013.
*Please note: Nominations are kept active with the Grads Made Good Selection Committee for three years. If your nominee is not selected in the original year nominated, you may update any piece of their file to strengthen the nomination. Three years from the original nomination date, you must update the Nomination Information Form in order to re-activate your nomination.
If you have any questions, please contact Laura Osteen, the ODK Faculty Secretary, at 850.644.3342 or firstname.lastname@example.org.