Legacy Scholarship Program
2012-2013 Legacy Scholarship recipients
2011-2012 Legacy Scholarship recipients
The FSU Alumni Association Legacy Scholarship program was established in 2010 to encourage the children of Florida State alumni to attend their parent's alma mater and perpetuate the legacy of Florida State within their family. This program was designed to recognize the commitment and support of alumni in choosing to send their children or grandchildren to FSU. Legacy scholarships are funded by the FSU Alumni Association.
- $1,000 Awards for In-State Students
- $2,000 Awards for Out-of-State Students
The number of awards offered is determined each year by the Legacy Scholarship Committee.
- At least one parent, grandparent, sibling, or step-parent must be a graduate (undergraduate, graduate, Ph.D. or J.D.) of The Florida State University and a current dues-paying member of the Alumni Association*.
- Scholarship applicants must have applied for admission to Florida State. Awards are made only to accepted freshman students.
- Applicants must submit the following to be considered for the scholarship award:
- Online Application (Submission deadline: May 19, 2013)
- Authorization to Release Information
- Release to use photo/quotes for promotional purposes
*If one is not currently a member, you can join online or call Valerie Colvin at (850) 644-2249. If your family member is a current student, they can join the Student Alumni Association (SAA) by visiting www.alumni.fsu.edu/saa
- Written Essay (prompt is include on application)
- Academic Merit - GPA and Academic Awards (use weighted GPA)
- Community Service/Extra-curricular activities
- Completion of FAFSA Form
Applications for the 2013-2014 scholarship closed on May 19, 2013. The 2014 scholarship application will be available in early spring.
For more information about the Legacy Scholarship Program, contact Dawn Randle at 850.644.4989 or email@example.com.
Additional scholarship opportunities may be available through your local Seminole Club or Chapter. More information