About The Women for Florida State University
Since the creation of the Florida State College for Women in 1905, women have played a vital role in the history of the university — and they continue to do so today. In 2004 and 2005, an ad hoc committee was formed and focus groups were held to discuss how to promote women's involvement with FSU. A steering committee was created in 2008 to craft a plan to cultivate women as leaders, advocates and donors for The Florida State University.
The Women for Florida State University engage women who have a passion for FSU by fostering friendship and community. The Women for Florida State encourages women to share their time, talents and resources with the university in areas of particular interest to them; promote the well-being of other women; and celebrate women who serve as mentors and role models and make a difference in other women’s lives.
- To learn more about the history and needs of Florida State and gain better understanding of the impact of philanthropy
- To identify regional ambassadors for outreach efforts
- To provide networking opportunities and effective ways for members to communicate
- To mentor the next generation of women leaders and philanthropists — current women students and recent graduates
- To honor all ways of giving, be it money, time or expertise
- To utilize events and communication vehicles already in place at the university for furthering our cause
- To be inclusive rather than exclusive
- To utilize graduates, athletes and coaches to inspire and encourage others to get involved
If you would like to become more involved or join The Women for Florida State University, please contact Mandi Young at (850) 644-4021 or email@example.com.